Local Area Information
Plenty of fabulous beaches to explore
Enjoy great home cooked meals and local ales
Happisburgh beach is dog friendly all year round.
Church View Cottage is on the outskirts of the quiet village of East Ruston, we are located near to the internationally famous East Ruston Old Vicarage Gardens. We haven't got neighbours nearby just fields!
We are just 2 miles from the beaches at Happisburgh and Cart Gap. This stretch of the beach is dog friendly all year round.
With miles of fabulous beaches and coastal villages to explore, Church View Cottage is an excellent base for fantastic days out.
A comprehensive information folder is in the cottage which provides information on all the restaurants and cafes in the area, as well as leaflets promoting the wide range of places to visit and explore.
When you book a holiday you are invited to join our Friends of Church View Cottage group which gives you up to date information and ideas on how to plan your Church View Cottage holiday. Call it our friendly online guide! Plus as we live here we can give you all the insider tips and guides!
Here is our list of some of the things you may want to experience while you are on holiday.
- Visit at least one of the pretty Norfolk coast villages
- Enjoy one of Norfolk's wide open sandy beaches
- Take a boat trip on the Norfolk Broads
- Get to see at least one Norfolk windmill
- Visit Norwich Cathedral, one of England's finest
- Explore the cobbled streets of old Norwich
- Wander one of the fabulous gardens
- Visit one of Norfolk's ancient medieval churches
- Take a walk in one of Norfolk's nature reserves
- Browse the shops and galleries of Norwich or Holt
- Take a steam train ride on one of the many railways
- Take a drive along the coast road (A149)
- Visit one of the pretty coast villages
- Explore the nature reserves at Cley
- Wander around one the major towns, such as Cromer
- Launch your own boat and explore the creeks
- Enjoy lunch in one of the many pubs
- Walk along a section of the Norfolk Coast Path
Miles of public footpaths on your doorstep
Fun at Great Yarmouth
Lots of fun can be had on the Norfolk Broads.
Places of local interest.
Norfolk Coast Path
Weavers Way Bacton Wood
We are very lucky to live here in this beautiful area of Norfolk. We like nothing better than enjoying days out and meals out with our labradoodle Weasel. We have a collection of our favourite places that we would like to share with you.
Please click on the link to take you to them.