Booking Terms & Conditions 2019
1. Agreement - The agreement is for the hire of the property for short term holiday letting and will be formally entered into between Churchviewcottagehols and the Hirer when the required deposit payment has been received.
2. Payment - A deposit of 25% of the total cost will secure the booking and needs to be made within five days of the date the booking is acknowledged by churchviewcottagehols. The booking will be held for that time but not fully secured until the deposit is received.
The balance of the total will be due for payment eight weeks before the start of the holiday. If the booking is made within eight weeks of the start of the holiday the full amount for the booking must be paid.
If the deposit is not paid within 5 days then the booking will automatically be forfeited (unless you have advised churchviewcottagehols of the delay and the revised payment date). Failure to make full payment of the balance in the time period stated above will result in the booking being cancelled and the deposit being forfeited (unless prior arrangements have been made with churchviewcottagehols).
3. Damage Deposit - A fully refundable damage deposit of £100 is also required. This needs to be paid at the same time as the final balance payment. The hire term commences and will be returned in full within 7 days of the end of the hire term. However, should any damage to the property or contents, beyond reasonable wear and tear, be incurred by the Hirer or excessive additional cleaning be required, the cost of this will be advised to the Hirer before being taken from the damage deposit and proof of damage and costs supplied where possible. Photographs will be taken as proof of the damage occurred.
4. Cancellation - The Hirer should notify churchviewcottagehols as soon as possible should a booking need to be cancelled.
For any cancellation over eight weeks from the start of the booking the deposit will be returned, less a £25 admin fee, as soon as a replacement booking is obtained. If no replacement booking can be secured the full deposit will be retained.
For any cancellation within eight weeks of the start date of the booking the full amount will be returned, less a £25 admin fee, as soon as a replacement booking is obtained. If no replacement booking can be secured the full amount will be retained.
Hirers are strongly encouraged to have holiday insurance to cover this eventuality.
Should it be necessary for churchviewcottagehols to cancel any bookings the only liability we have will be to return any payments made.
5. Hirer's Responsibilities - The Hirer is responsible for the property hired and is expected to take care of it. Please leave all equipment and utensils etc, and the property itself, clean and tidy at the end of your stay. All damages/breakages should be reported as soon as they occur. Churchviewcottagehols reserves the right to charge for any serious damage/breakages/extra cleaning which is deemed outside the normal wear and tear and Hirers are deemed jointly and severally liable. See damage deposit above.
The Hirer is required to observe and adhere to the requests and instructions in the individual properties. Whilst these are kept to a minimum, the no smoking policy in the property must be adhered to.
The Hirer must not use the property or allow its use for any dangerous, offensive, excessively noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the property neighbours. This would be deemed a serious breach of the terms of the Agreement and churchviewcottage has the right to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect in this instance.
6. Owner's/Manager's Responsibilities - Church View Cottage Hols are responsible for ensuring the property is supplied to the Hirer clean, warm and with all appliances/devices/furniture in proper working order. The owner is also responsible for dealing with any problems, equipment malfunction etc as they occur and will make best efforts to remedy any problems that occur during your stay.
7. Dogs - We do not charge for dogs to stay at Church View Cottage. We do ask you to inform us how many dogs are holidaying with you, their names and their breeds. Please do not assume that you can bring more dogs with you on holiday and take the time to contact us if the booking changes. Dogs must be over 6 months old at the time of the holiday, house trained, clean, up to date with flea prevention and well behaved.
We ask that you do not leave dogs unattended but have a chat with us if if you would like to visit places that dogs are not welcome.
8. Arrival and Departure - The properties will be ready for your arrival after 4pm and need to be vacated by 10am on your day of departure to allow for a full clean and changeover, unless otherwise agreed with Churchviewcottagehols. Earlier arrivals and later departures are sometimes possible but this will depend on adjacent bookings and is at our discretion.
8. Numbers of people occupying a property - Only guests listed on the booking form are allowed to stay at Church View Cottage. The maximum occupancy is 4 people.
Under no circumstances may more people stay at each property than there are beds. This is an important insurance requirement.
The number of guest in the original booking confirmed cannot be exceeded without notification to before the commencement of the hire period.
9. Fuel and Electricity - Electricity charges are included in the cost of renting all the properties. For the wood burners/open fires please see each property details as there are outlined in description.
10. 3rd Party Providers - We cannot be held responsible for any 3rd party breakdowns, malfunctions or cuts of utility services such as electricity, oil, water supplies, septic tank although every attempt will be made to remedy a problem where possible should it occur. In the case of television and telecommunications ( mobile reception, Wi-Fi/ Broadband) we cannot be held responsible for the services to Church View Cottage. We expect these services to be operating as normal for all our guests enjoyment, but these can be subject to interruption in rural areas. Every effort will be made to resume the services but no refunds can be made for interruptions of these services.
11. Complaints - In the unlikely event of a complaint it must be brought immediately to the attention of us during your stay here.
We will endeavour to rectify the problem as soon as possible, to ensure the continued enjoyment of your holiday. Should this not be possible please contact us as soon as possible and in all instances before the end of your period of hire.
Complaints cannot be addressed if notified after the hire period.
Church View Cottage Hols is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This statement explains how and when we collect information about you, how we use this information and when and who it may be shared with. It also explains how you can request information held about you.
Who are we?
Church View Cottage Hols is a holiday rental cottage. Any questions relating to this statement, our privacy practices, or a request for your personal information should be addressed to the data protection officer and sent to the following email - firstname.lastname@example.org, or the address or telephone number detailed on our website at Church View Cottage, Church Farm Road, East Ruston, NR129HJ - Phone : 01692218532 or 07923606768
What information do we collect?
Church View Cottage Hols collects information about you as part of our business process and functions. The information normally includes your name, address, telephone number, names of party members, a contact email address, payment arrangement details and special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect any party member’s holiday arrangements.
What do we use your information for?
Church View Cottage Hols collects information about you (our guest) to
Who do we share your information with?
We keep your information securely and do not share it with third parties other than as outlined in this statement or where permitted by law.
How do we treat your information?
All details you give to Church View Cottage Hols at any time will be kept for the period of your booking, holiday and such reasonable period thereafter. We keep your information securely and do not share this information with third parties other than as set out in this statement. Only names, contact details and any booking preferences will be used for marketing purposes unless you are informed otherwise when you provide the information. The companies and third parties (owner / key holders) to whom we disclose customer details may contact you. If you do not wish to receive any of the communications set out in this statement, please inform us as soon as possible by letter or e-mail, the details of which are set out above.
How do I find out more about information rights?
In the first instance, please contact Church View Cottage Hols should you have any query about how your information is being collected, processed and used. The Information Commissioner’s website contains further useful information and advice: www.ico.org.uk